Posted on | Juni 2, 2012 | No Comments
“Cyclop has landed. A powerful monster that has grown out of all the sounds in the universe. And with it comes bass — lots of it. Synthesis in its purest form. Spectral, digital, or fat analog. Use your own samples as a wavetable, throw effect sequencer orgies, drop on filters and make wobble basses never heard before. Cyclop is here to create new sound. Wrap your bass around your drums like melted sugar around a hot chili pepper. Cyclop is monophic and it will blow your mind. Wobble bass? Dubstep? Do something completely new!”
Posted on | April 17, 2012 | No Comments
More info here: http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/iris/
Posted on | April 6, 2012 | No Comments
Bedroom Producers Blog released “Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions Part 2“, a free sample collection featuring the famous C64 (Commodore 64) soundchip.
“After three long weeks of sampling and editing (and managing to break my old C64 in the meanwhile), I’m happy to say that Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions Part 2 is ready to download (for an introduction to this project, please check out C64 Synthesizer Sessions Part 1 first).”
More info and download here: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2012/04/03/commodore-64-synthesizer-sessions-part-2-free-sample-pack/#more-8794
Posted on | April 2, 2012 | No Comments
More info here: http://www.studioelectronics.com/products/synths/boomstar/
Posted on | April 1, 2012 | No Comments
Features mini KAOSS PAD 2
Control effects in real time using the intuitive touchpad interface
MP3 player with microSD card slot for data storage/exchange;
Perform on the Mini Kaoss Pad 2 without needing any other equipment!
100 effect programs, ideal for DJ mixes or sound design
3 Program Memories provide instant recall of favorite effects
Powerful Looper, Vinyl Break, and Ducking Comp effects borrowed from the Kaoss Pad Quad
Internal mic plus external audio inputs
Support for pitch change and cue point settings allows serious DJ play.
Record your performances and save them to using the microSD card slot
6 preset audio demo loops
Features mini KAOSS PAD 2
Simply tap or slide your finger across the X-Y touchpad
150 built-in sounds cover every style of dance music
PCM sound engine serves up realistic drums
Scale Key and Note Range eliminates “wrong” notes
Built-in Gate Arpeggiator with adjustable gate time and swing settings
Loop Recording allows the creation of layered phrases with unlimited overdubs
Dual Loop Recording banks allow DJ-Style mutes and cross-fades
Record using the built-in mic; or use the mic input for recording of external input
microSD/SDHC card slot for saving loops and recorded performances
Posted on | März 30, 2012 | No Comments
Cableguys released Curve 2 Public Beta. Their famous curve vst plugin will be released as version 2 soon.
“We are currently running a public beta to make sure the finished product is stable and the best it can possibly be. Download the beta in 32- and 64-bit, VST and RTAS, for Windows XP/Vista/7 (Mac OS X and AU support coming soon).”
Curve’s unparalleled flexibility of drawing waveforms for its aliasing-free OSCs and LFOs brought inspiring, unique sounds. Version 2 adds drawable envelopes, allows for two waveforms per OSC and adds a comprehensive unison mode.
More info and download here: http://www.cableguys.de/curve-2.html
Posted on | März 29, 2012 | No Comments
“At the heart of BLADE, ready to twist and transform your musical mind, lies the Harmolator. An additive synthesis system, which rather than using the system of changing additive partials, uses global controls which capture the essence of additive synth in an intuitive way making the creation of sounds much easier than using other additive synths. The nine Harmolator controls allow you to create a vast range of sounds so you get all the amazing sounds that additive synthesis can generate with the added simplicity of traditional subtractive synthesis. The Harmolator allows oscillator spreading, fattening the sound and also square / sine wave sub-oscillator. What’s more, the sound can be modified further by the 21 per-voice distortions types and 14 filter types. Blade offers total control of the sound over time using an array of different modulation controls. The most significant of these is the central XY screen. Here you can either alter things directly by moving the cursor around, or you can record paths which can be replayed.
The recorded path can be looped, bi-directional looped and tempo based as well. Even the speed of the XY recording can be modulated for dynamic changes!
So the XY pad is also an incredibly advanced “human input” modulation source.
Furthermore, Blade has the full range of other modulation sources, including a dedicated envelope, LFO and velocity as modulation source for Harmolator controls. Two FX units featuring all the FX from other Rob Papen products, plus the Arp / Sequencer and an Easy page which allows you to easily control sounds, all add up to an amazingly flexible and useful instrument at the cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!”
- 16 voices, operating in poly , mono 1/2 , legato 1/2 and arp modes.
- Harmolator Oscillator with 9 controls, harmolator wave settings, two types of spread functions and extended sub-oscillator.
- 21 Distortion Units operating per voice (ahead of filter).
- 14 Filter Types including 6/12/18/24 low/high pass, 12/24 band pass / notch, vocal & comb filter.
- Filter separation function for unique filter stereo soundAmp section with Volume, Velocity and Envelope control.
- XP Pad with 12 amount controls for each X and Y, which can modulate the 9 Harmolator parameters, Filter Cutoff, Filter Q and Volume.
- XY Pad which can operating either directly or with recorded paths, in poly, mono or free modes.
- XY Pad playback can be tempo synced, with different tempo settings, and with loop & bi-directional loop options.
- XY Pad movement speed control.
- XY editing options at right mouse menu
- Dedicated Harmolator velocity, LFO and envelope controls.
- Pitch LFO and Pitch Envelope, 2 Free Harmolator control sources, 2 Free Envelopes, 2 Free LFOs and 4 modulation sources.
- All of Blade’s controls can be used as modulation destinations, and there are a full range of modulation sources including midi controls and internal controls.
- 2 FX units with 27 effects, including distortion, reverb and tape delay plus many more.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator with each step having its own pitch, velocity and free amount, which can also be used as a sequencer for modulation purposes.
- Easy Page allows control of the main parameters in a flexible and easy way.
- Preset handling with copy, paste, clear and compare function.
- Quick Browser’, ‘Recently Browsed’ and ‘Favorite’ functions.
- Preset Manager screen allows you to easily find and organize presets and banks.
- Full midi control over all parameters included the X/Y Pad.
- PC: 32 & 64 bits VST and RTAS for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7
- Mac: 32 & 64 bits AU and VST and 32 bit RTAS for OSX 10.5 or higher
- Mac: AAX for OSX 10,5 of higher very soon
- Mac: 32 bit AU, VST & RTAS for OSX 10.4 (Tiger)
- Serial/license system, 2nd serial for 2nd computer/laptop are available after you have registering the product’s original serial/license.
More info here: http://www.robpapen.com/blade.html« newer posts — older posts »