news: Cycling ’74 – Announcing Max 6
Cycling ’74 announced Max 6. Max/Msp is a graphical development environment for audio and multimedia. They´ve also dropped the price.
- We offer Max to students for $59 for nine months. Starting this fall, we are extending that to a full 12 months.
- We have an entire team focused entirely on user education and support. I hope you’ve seen some of their recent efforts including tutorials, how-to videos, and the Vizzie modular video toolkit. You’ll see an expansion of user education efforts for Max 6 and beyond.
- Our web site is increasingly devoted to our users, with projects to inspire you and a toolbox of programming resources to help you realize your goals.
- Max for Live, our joint venture with Ableton, has introduced the power of Max to a new audience.
- Last but not least, our Expo ’74 conference, taking place this October in Brooklyn, will be a great way to expand your Max knowledge and be inspired by the work of artists from all over the world. And now you know Max 6 will be a major focus!
- Effective immediately, we’re lowering the retail price of Max/MSP/Jitter to $399. We’re also lowering the price of some of our upgrade and academic options. And starting today, if you purchase Max 5, you’ll get an upgrade to Max 6 for free.
- We’re introducing a subscription plan for universities that will make it possible for our academic customers to serve to more students at a lower cost. For more details, click here.
- With Max 6, we’ll be supporting a user-driven, machine-assisted cross-platform translation project for both the software and the documentation, so we can better serve the majority of the world’s population that doesn’t speak English fluently.
More info here: http://cycling74.com/2011/07/12/announcing-max-6/