Motas Electronics released Motas-6, a powerful analogue synthesizer, with analogue + digital control and a super-flexible independent modulation architecture. Hand-built in the UK with high-grade components throughout, solid wood end-cheeks and an all-metal chassis including stainless steel panels and fixings.
Motas-6 is a monophonic synthesizer with three analogue voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs) with hard-sync options, phase-modulation and a sub-oscillator.
The oscillators, analogue noise source with pink/white output options and an external audio input feed into the pre-filter mixer. The oscillators are truely analogue and are definitely not DCOs.
Motas has very powerful filtering capabilities. There is a 6-pole voltage-controlled low-pass filter (VCF) with adjustable resonance to self-oscillation (with selectable 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6-pole outputs), a 2-pole high-pass voltage-controlled filter and a second 4-pole low-pass voltage-controlled filter (similar in design to a certain silver box from the 1980s..) with adjustable resonance to self-oscillation.
- Purely analogue sound generation
- 3 VCOs (mixable triangle, sawtooth, PWM/square waves, sub-oscillator, analogue phase modulation)
- Noise source (white/pink)
- External audio input
- 3 VCFs (2 LPF with resonance, 1 HPF)
- Flexible filter routing options
- Lots of very high-resolution digital modulation sources (LFOs, EGs, MIDI controller, CV/gate input)
- Analogue clipping distortion options
- Save/load 100s of patches to internal memory
- Oscilloscope and Spectrum-Analyser
- MIDI/USB control
- 4 CV/gate inputs
- Pattern generator and sequencer
More information here: Motas Electronics | Motas-6