Professional engineers tend to dismiss USB microphones as cheap, unimpressive products for beginners — and in many cases, they have a point. But what if it was possible to have the full, non-compromised fidelity of the Edge Duo multi-pattern large-diaphragm condenser mic (powered by a console-grade mic preamp, high- end AD converter, and signature Antelope Audio FPGA FX processing) packed into a premium bus-powered mic?
Meet the Edge Family of modeling microphones’s newest member! Edge Go is so much more than just another USB microphone —- it’s a complete recording studio experience housed in a mic! Connected via USB-C and equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack for real-time monitoring, Edge Go achieves an entire processed vocal chain at the hardware level — and all in real-time. With a variety of high-end condenser mic models and a special selection of lifelike vintage compressor and EQ effects, plus built-in de-essing, gating/expansion, tape saturation, and reverb all controlled by an intuitive PC/Mac app, getting fully-finished recordings on the go has never been simpler. Saying that, a collection of channel strip presets, crafted by industry pros, makes it even easier to quickly achieve a sound that’s ready for radio, podcast, Twitch stream, or album. And it all comes straight off the Edge Go, with practically imperceptible latency.
Edge Go Features:
• Studio-grade large-diaphragm condenser microphone
• Bus-powered over USB-C (USB Type-A compatible)
• Accurately models the world’s finest studio condenser microphones
• Switchable polar patterns (cardioid, figure 8, omni, and everything in between)
• Latency-free monitoring and recording with onboard effects processing
• High-end A/D conversion (24-bit / 192kHz)
• Full frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
• 3.5mm headphone jack for monitoring
• Easy and intuitive software control panel
• Presets by top studio professionals
The Orion32+ | Gen 3 brings the same incredible connectivity, flexibility, and channel counts to the production table that the original Orion32+ made its notable name with. But there’s even more to it now — elevated operating levels (+24dBu max), upgraded AD/DA conversion, ultra-fast and stable custom ThunderboltTM driver for Windows, and a major facelift. Just like its predecessor, the Orion32+ | Gen 3 stands ready to take over studios and live shows internationally. It will be available at an even more accessible starting price with a selection of real-time, FPGA-powered effects from the astronomical Antelope Audio collection.
Orion32+ | Gen 3 Features:
• Cutting-edge AD/DA converters with up to 129dB dynamic range
• FPGA-powered real-time FX models of iconic studio gear
• Compatible with AFX2DAW software bridge
• Ultra-fast and stable proprietary ThunderboltTM driver for Windows
• Sub-millisecond latency at 96-192kHz / 32-64 samples
• 64 channels of 24-bit, 192 kHz audio via ThunderboltTM
• 32 channels of 24-bit, 192 kHz audio via USB
• MADI, ADAT, S/PDIF, 8x DB25 digital connectivity
• Next-generation 64-bit clocking and jitter management
• 10 MHz input enables connection to 10M and 10MX atomic clocks
• Word Clock outputs for use as master clock
• Networking control from multiple computers
• Flexible routing, mixing, and effects chaining via macOS and Windows app
• Freely movable and resizable control panels for multi-screen workflows
• Facelift for 2019 — gorgeous Carbon Grey faceplate
The original Orion32 HD set a new price/performance standard for HDX-compatible I/O. Industry-leading conversion and exceptional connectivity for the price ensure expectations are redefined once again with the Orion32 HD | Gen 3. Indeed, it includes all the power of the original, now upgraded with Antelope Audio’s flagship- level AD/DA conversion. In fact, its MONITOR output pair has been measured at a phenomenal 136dB dynamic range — an industry-leading specification! With cutting-edge conversion, a refreshed design, and a wide range of real-time, FPGA-powered effects, the Orion32 HD | Gen 3 will make productions and live shows shine like nothing else on the market when it starts shipping.