Bolder Sounds released Roots Upright Bass for NI Kontakt.
This library could have easily been entitled Bluegrass, Folk, Americana, Rockabilly or Western Swing Upright Bass. This was a difficult library to give a title to – because we feel this library will be useful in a wide range of musical styles.
This style of bass playing evolved from music where there were no drums to establish a strong rhythm. Therefore it was the job of the bass player not only to play the bass lines but also to create a strong rhythmic feel using special percussive techniques. We were very fortunate to be able to work with a musician who is a master of this style – Eric Thorin from Lyons, Colorado. We were also lucky enough to do the recording sessions at Grace Design studios in Lyons, Colorado. Grace Design makes some of the best mic preamps and recording gear available today.
Bo Clausen has created his usual incredibly versatile KSP scripted Kontakt instrument again for this library. If you are familiar with other Bolder sample libraries, then you already are familiar with his work.
- 4 Kontakt instruments – the main plucked bass .nki, a bowed bass .nki, a knocks .nki (turns the bass into a percussion kit) and a extra slides .nki.
- Sampled articulations include standard plucks, slapped notes, ghost notes, finger flicks, palm hits, harmonics and slides.
- Recorded with a Nuemann U87 (on the bottom of the bass) and a Sennheiser small diaphragm microphone (on the fingerboard) with a control knob to balance these 2 sources.
- A very sophisticated Auto-Position script allowing idiomatic movement around the fingerboard – especially helpful for non-string players (keyboard players. This script can also be turned off if desired. String imposition keyswitches for playing up a single string.
- Velocity levels for each sample layer can be customized to the user preference for tonal variety.
- All keyswitch locations can be reassigned to the users preference.
- The bowed bass features a auto-legato script with short and long bow strokes in both down and up-bow articulations.
- All 4 RUB instruments share the same Effects data file for ease of switching between .nki instruments and keeping the same effect settings.
- Effects include pre-compression EQ, compression, post-compression EQ, delay, reverb and IR convolution.
- And much more!
Price: Intro USD 55.95 $ / Regular USD 69.95 $
More info here: Bolder Sounds | Roots Upright Bass