Cherry Audio released PS-20, an ultra-realistic, polyphonic, hot-rodded tribute to Korg’s renowned MS-20. First and foremost, PS-20’s dual highpass/lowpass filters super accurately recreate the MS-20’s famous raunchy sound in all of its squelchy, screaming glory. In addition to its unique filters, the MS-20’s other signature feature is its modular-style patch panel. We’ve reconfigured the patch panel from the original instrument, adding many desired in and out patch points for all oscillators, filters, and VCAs, correcting the confusing terminology of the original, and throwing in a few extras that greatly expand its usability.
Every part of the instrument has been “souped up” with killer features, including 16-note polyphony, a unique three-layer, eight-step sequencer with flexible CV outs, and integrated effects, including a beastly distortion, modulation echo with stereo spread, and a lush digital reverb with fantastic spring and plate emulations.
The PS-20 truly is one of the most quirky and unique instruments we’ve released. Between its sometimes unpredictable filter behavior, and the tremendous flexibility of its patch panel and sequencer, the possibilities are endless, and the creative “happy accident” quotient of PS-20 is simply off the charts!
Price: . It’s available for both Windows and macOS, in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats, with a free 30-day demo available. Plus, owners of PS-20 receive 20% off of Cherry Audio’s newly updated MS Vintage Bundle mkII for Voltage Modular – now including the new EG-20 and Poly EG-20 Envelope Generator modules. Already own the MS Vintage Bundle? You’ll receive 20% off of PS-20. YouTube/Dh4hO7s1muQRead more at cherryaudio.com Find PS-20 Polyphonic Synthesizer in the KVR Marketplace
- Super-accurate modeling of classic MS-style highpass and lowpass filters
- Up to 16-voice polyphony with random voice panning available
- Over 320 mind-blowing presets
- Three-channel, eight-step sequencer with 1/2-step quantizer and tempo sync
- Single-key chord memory mode
- Expanded and simplified full-function patch panel
- Advanced, next-generation patch panel cabling system from Voltage Modular
- External Signal Processor section with normalled sidechain input
- Virtual instrument and effect plug-in versions included
- Tempo-syncable modulation generator
- Unison detune for massive lead and bass sounds
- MPE support
- Four user-selectable interface color themes
- Distortion, studio-quality reverb, and mod echo with tempo sync effects
- Full MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls
More info here: Cherry Audio released PS-20 Polyphonic Synthesizer