The magnificent Steinway D grand piano was recorded in stunning 24bit / 44.1kHz quality at the Orebro concert hall in Sweden for a true concert grand experience. Three different perspectives were recorded – Close, Ambient and Medium Ambiance – giving you three completely different instrument sounds to choose from.
Weighing in at a huge 18GB with an incredible 48 samples per note providing serious realism (sixteen velocity layers for pedal up, sixteen for pedal down, and matching release samples) and 10 patches per microphone perspective to give you a range of sounds to choose from, this piano has such a beautiful sound that you’ll never want to stop playing it.
30 Kontakt, HALion and EXS24 Patches – 10 Patches Per Mic Perspective
Each “Black Grand” perspective has ten different patches, each one providing you with a different set or subset of the full sample set. Since the Black Grand has so many discrete samples, we can further fine-tune the instrument by shaving samples off the top or bottom of the range—yet still have enough samples mapped to give a fully-expressive playing experience. Once you have found the best perspective for your task-at-hand, you can further refine the “match” by experimenting with the different patches. Sometimes, you may find that less is more in a particular setting!
- Perspective 1 – This is the main patch. It has sixteen velocities pedal up, sixteen pedal down, and matching release samples. The different velocity layers have been laid out to provide you with a good dynamic response and a well-balanced piano.
- Perspective 2 – This patch is similar to the first one, but has the boundaries velocity layers equally laid out. This is a good patch if you want to experiment with different settings for the velocity curve on your midi keyboard or a good patch to start with if you want to make your own modifications.
- Perspective 3 – This patch is a bit mellower than the standard patch–the two highest-recorded velocities have been removed.
- Perspective 4 – An even mellower patch than Perspective 3. Here the four loudest velocities have been removed.
- Perspective 5 – You guessed it! Mellower and mellower This has the top six layers removed.
- Perspective 6 – Call him Mr. Mellow. The top eight velocities have been removed. This is for the soft, laid back romantic playing.
- Perspective 7 – The other way around! This gives you a brighter tone, since the two softest pianissimo recordings have been removed.
- Perspective 8 – Yet a bit brighter. If you need to be heard above a crowd, this is the one to play.
- Perspective 9 – See the pattern? The six lowest velocity layers have made room for the brighter ones.
- Perspective 10 – Banned in seventeen different countries! Smokes crack for breakfast. Kills cockroaches at distance of fifty feet. Cuts through stainless steel. Will slice a guitar player in half!!!
Normally €127.99 – get it at 70% before its gone!
- 3 Microphone Perspectives – Close, Medium and Ambient
- 18GB in total size on hard drive (approx 6GB per mic perspective)
- Recorded with the best studio microphones including Neumann and Rode
- 10 Patches per Instrument Perspective
- Up to 48 samples per note on each patch (sixteen velocity layers for pedal up, sixteen for pedal down, and matching release samples)
- Can be used for music or sound design
- Recorded in stunning 24 bit / 44.1 kHz clarity
- Goes from soft and delicate to huge and powerful in an instant
- Comes in HALion and EXS24 formats as well as Kontakt format (all formats included!)
- Full version of Kontakt 4.1.1 or higher required for Kontakt Patches – NOT compatible with Kontakt Player
- NB. This instrument has no fancy looking Kontakt GUI interface- just a basic one. The sound is more important