Fred’s Lab announced ZeKit, a 4 voice paraphonic microsynth, featuring a simple step sequencer, various digital waveforms, an analog VCF, VCA and two AR analog envelopes.
The instrument can be controlled using MIDI (notes & clock) and has both a sync and audio inputs. External audio sources can be mixed in or be processed through the VCF / VCA.
ZeKit is available in two versions:
- DIY KIT version – requires soldering
- Fully assembled version
All Fred’s Lab instruments are manually assembled in Germany.
ZeKit is an ultra-compact paraphonic monotimbral hybrid synth with 4 voices.
These are the detailed technical specifications of the machine.
- Digital part
- Additive sawtooth synthesis
- 8 mono waveforms / 8 para waveforms
- Filter tracking and glide modes
- 16bit / 250 kHz DAC
- Analog part
- 12dB / Oct low & band-pass VCF
- 2 resonance level chill / acid
- Optocoupler VCA
- Analog A/D & A/R envelopes
- Envelope looping and re-triggering
- 96 step sequencer, with up to 4 notes per step
- External sync – MIDI clock or Sync (+ start / stop) over 3.5mm jack
- 16 user programmable patterns
- Live pitch transposition and transition of the patterns
- 6 knobs – Cutoff, Attack, Decay, Accent, Release and Level
- 3 toggles – LP/BP, CHILL/ACID, VCF/MIX
- 7 switches – Wave, Options, Motifs, Sequencer controls
- MIDI input – DIN5
- Power input – 2.1mm jack 5V to 9V DC
- Line / Headphones output – 6.35mm TRS jack
- Clock & Sync input – 3.5mm TRS jack
- Audio input – 3.5mm TRS jack
- Dimensions: 127 x 92 x 56 mm – (w x d x h)
- Weight: 315 grams
- Power: 350 mW
- AAA Battery holder (optional)
ZeKit will be available from the 01/10/21
Kit Prices: 129.00€
Assembled Prices: 179.00€
More info here: Fred’s Lab | ZeKit