HoRNet released SAMP, a processor designed by the Italian engineer Antonio Porcelli to work with Dolby Atmos (more info at Dolby official site) mixes and resolves one of “problems” that engineers find when approaching this new format: there is no master bus. This big difference with conventional stereo mixes makes it impossible do to any of the classic adjustment you do on a stereo mix.
Imagine you have 128 different tracks and you want to lift the “highs”, you should go one by one and adjust the EQ, SAMP resolves this issue by providing four classic master bus processors that are linked together, so a change on an instance of SAMP is reflected on every other instance, simultaneously.
Packaged into a single plugin you can find: an equalizer (using the same technology found in our TotalEQ) a compressor (using the same technology of our SyncPressor) a clipper and a limiter (using the same technology of our Magnus MK2). These processors take the audio from each track and apply the same settings to every track, simulating the effect of a master bus processor.
The order of the effect can be rearranged dragging their position on the right part of the plugin interface and their meters and side chain are fed with the sum of the input of every instance of the plugin, mimicking the behavior of a master bus processor.
- Equalizer based on TotalEQ with up to 6 different bands
- Compressor based on SyncPressor
- Clipper and Limiter based on Magnus MK2
- Input and output gain slider
- Attack and release times can be synced to DAW tempo
- Module order freely selectable
- Interporcess communication between plugins
- Up to 160 different plugin instances supported
- Track name read directly from DAW (except for VST)
- Input meter display for each instance
- Compressor and limiter side chain selectable
- Bypass button for each module and global bypass button
- Online help
- Intelligent oversampling up to 4x
- Resizable vector GUI
- Hardware accelerated GUI
- Apple M1 support
- macOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (7 and later, OpenGL 2.1 required) support.
- 64-bit only plugins for macOS and Windows.
- Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.
More info here: HoRNet | SAMP