23. August 2022 | Free Software | Noizefield
Lese released Codec for free
Unlike other plugins that simulate degradation in “old school” ways like vinyl, tape or cassette, Codec degrades sound in the most common way we hear today, through internet compression algorithms!
Codec is essentially a container that holds an audio compressor (not that kind of compressor) so you can compress and then decompress your sound, in real time, in your DAW of choice.
Since Codec is basically just a container, we figured it would only be fair to provide it for free as a VST3 and AU plugin, so enjoy!
- Bitrate adjustment for real-time packet size constraint
- Bandwidth selector feature, allowing for bandwidth adjustment beyond filtering out artifacts
- Coloration (crunch) option
- Packet loss simulation
- A funky visualizer
- Fully vectorized, resizable interface
More info and free download here: Lese | Codec