MPS – short for “Musical Parameter Synthesizer” – is a polyphonic software synthesizer plug-in for Microsoft Windows (VST) and Apple macOS (VST/AU). It is written in native C++ code for high performance.
The aim of MPS is to create sounds fast and easy using a small intuitive set of parameters without bothering about the technical details.
MPS is the collaborative work of Wolfgang Kraus @wkreativ.at (idea+GUI concept) and Björn aka Full Bucket (DSP+GUI+patch programming). Read more about the background of this project in the user manual!
The main features of MPS are:
– Unconventional sound creation approach
– Fast & easy editing using just a few “musical” parameters
– Straightforward resizable user interface
– 64 voices polyphony
– MIDI Learn – all parameters can be controlled by MIDI CC
– Double precision audio processing
– Plug-in supports Windows (32 bit and 64 bit) and macOS (64 bit)