Stone Voices has released the donationware synth PolyGAS (Polyphonic Granular Advanced Synthesizer) – the virtual synthesizer of the VSTi format (the VST protocol of version 2.4) providing operation as the connected plug-in to DAW (digital audio workstation), for example, such as: FL Studio, Ableton Live, Sony Acid Pro, Cockos Reaper, PreSonus Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar and others.
This synthesizer is based on a granular method of sound synthesis, allowing to use as much as possible possibilities of this method of synthesis. We will list the main opportunities of PolyGAS:
– 32-part polyphony.
– Support of files of samples in the WAV and AIFF formats, digit capacity of 8,16,24 and 32 bits / sample, mono / stereo. Files are supported only
uncompressed by codecs.
– The editor of the bending parameters of granular synthesis. 18 envelopes with the maximum quantity of nodes – 40 (in each envelope). Also there is a
tab where it is possible to edit dependence of amplitude of the clicked key bending from a tonality. There is a possibility of synchronization of
provisional regulations of nodes of envelopes with rate of composition in DAW.
– Controlled randomization of parameters of granular synthesis.
– Amplitude non-linear distortions, with a possibility of a type selection (a klipping, bit-kresher, etc.) – only 11 types.
– The controlled universal filter allowing as manual installation of frequency of a cutoff (Cutoff) and a resonance (Reson), and by means of envelopes.
– There is a mode in case of which the frequency of a cutoff depends on a tonality of the clicked key. In the filter different types of filtering (LP,
HP, BP, Comb and Allpass), only 11 types are used.
– The line of a time delay with modulation realizing effects of Delay and Flanger. There is a possibility of time synchronization of a time delay with
rate of composition in DAW, and also the set modes of back coupling (Normal/CrossFeed) and the wave form of a modulating signal LFO (Sine/Triangle).
– The reverberator creating high-quality spatial reverberation on Ambient Reverb Stone Voices technology.
– The master the section including regulators of low and high frequencies, and also width of a stereobasis and the overall level.
– The microtone setup using files of the VAZ/Anamark tuning format format (extension of *.tun and *.scl).
– Tools for operation with banks and preseta.
– Support of MIDI controllers.
– Detailed help manual.