22. January 2019 | News | Carl
Soundtheory Announces Windows Version of Gullfoss
Soundtheory announces the Windows version of their intelligent automatic EQ plugin, Gullfoss. Windows users get a first look at the 2019 NAMM Show in the Anaheim Convention Center from January 24 through January 27, 2019.
Gullfoss is an intelligent equalizer based on a highly advanced computational model of auditory perception. It makes objective decisions on equalization around 300 times per second. The user can increase the perception of clarity, space and dimension of any input signal — with low latency (22ms), and no artifacts or phase destruction. Additionally, Gullfoss eliminates annoying resonances and cancellations and retains dynamics and reduces the need for multiband compression. Gullfoss is an easy-to-use tool for everyone from the amateur musician to the professional mastering engineer, delivering exceptional results in a matter of seconds.
“Gullfoss has quickly found a unique place in the plug-in collections of many people in the audio industry. We’ve been exceptionally happy with the response to the Mac version.”, said Andreas Beisler, Development Director of Soundtheory. “We’re delighted to be able to showcase the Windows version at NAMM 2019, and we expect the early access phase to start at the end of February 2019.”
– Automatic equalization in real-time, based on simple input parameters
– Highly advanced computational auditory perception model makes objective processing decisions
– Intelligently treats sound elements in the mix separately
– Improves clarity, detail, spatiality, definition and presence
– Eliminates annoying resonances and cancellations
– Retains dynamics and reduces the need for multiband compression
– Mixes translate much more consistently between listening environments
– Improve your mixes by watching the real-time EQ graph display
Price and Availability
Gullfoss for Windows will be available at a special introductory early access price of $99 USD at www.soundtheory.com from the end of February 2019 (regular price: $199.00).
Soundtheory is the brainchild of mathematical physicist Andreas Tell, who has been researching and working with sound for over 20 years. Along with Managing Director David Pringle, Soundtheory has developed exciting new and unique methods for realtime audio processing. Its highly advanced model of computational auditory perception opens up new possibilities of analyzing sound as perceived by human ears and of processing it without introducing any audible artefacts at all.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.