TBProAudio released LA xLimit III, an advanced look ahead, wideband linked-stereo limiter including ISP (inter sample peak) detection and oversampling.
LA xLimit III is the successor of LA xLimit II, our very popular look ahead limiter. It offers more control over transients and adaptive release curves. It adds now extended metering (RMS, EBU and DialNorm).
The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today’s mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.
LA xLimit III is specifically designed for mastering, digital editing, multimedia, and any application that requires limiting of the digital signal with top notch quality and lowest aliasing. LA xLimit III guarantees ultra fast and overshot free response by using advanced look ahead algorithms.
In order to fulfill today’s TV, broadcast and music production requirements LA xLimit III offers True-Peak limiting (ISP) based on ITU-1770 specification and on top of it up to 8x “real” oversampling. Combined with True-Peak limiting reaches even highest production standards.
LA xLimit III includes an advanced adaptive release control system which reduces massively artifacts caused by fixed release times. In order to increase limiting sensitivity both stereo channels can be freely linked/unlinked.
LA xLimit III is designed to be used as last plugin in the processing chain (brick-wall limiting).
- state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
- freely adjustable limiter character
- detailed transient control
- freely adjustable adaptive release curves
- level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU BS1770.4
- NEW: RMS, EBU R128 and DialNorm loudness measurement
- “real” oversampling, up to 8x
- stereo link
- built-in clipper
- NEW: drive mode
- NEW: unity gain and delta monitor modes
- preset management
- Mid/Side processing mode
- easy to use GUI
- large and accurate live meters
- all sample rates
- free for registered LA xLimit users
- demo version available