NanoHost is a free, minimalist host application for Windows that can load VST-synths. Furthermore, it can act as a wrapper which converts VST-synthesizers into standalone applications.
This essential, tiny tool works best for live-performance, sound-design, jam-sessions and testing.
– It can convert a VST-synth into a standalone-application. You just need to rename NanoHost.exe to the name of the
plugin.dll and copy it to the same directory. When you start plugin.exe, the VST-synth is wrapped and loaded
– The output of a plugin can be recorded to a wav-file in high quality.
– NanoHost can create random patches.
– It offers a soft-clipping algorithm with low distortion and tube-sound.
– Scrollbars allow you to work also with plugins larger than your screen resolution. It is possible to display also only
a part of the plugin’s interface.
– Midi-notes can be transposed and Midi-channels can be filtered. There are several Midi-velocity curves available.
– Your current sound-bank can be stored and loaded automatically.
– It is also compatible with very old 32-bit plugins.
– It does work also with older computers.