22. June 2020 | Hardware | Noizefield
Tubbutec released μTune Expander
This expander adds two additional channels to µTune. Each channel has a CV-in, GATE/FREQ-in, CV-out and GATE-out. Functions for each output can be assigned freely.
An additional LED shows the state of the gate outputs: Channel A in blue and Channel B in red. The led is green normally to indicate proper connection to the host.
Up to three expanders can be added to µTune for a maximum of 8 channels.
The expander houses a complete microcontroller system used for AD/DA conversion, frequency measurement and communication with the host µTune module. Like the main module it has a precision 16-bit DAC to allow perfect voltage output.
The expander is essentially a complete µTune, but without display, buttons and midi connections.
Like µTune, each expander is calibrated and tested by Tubbutec prior to shipping.
Midi Voice allocation
µTune and expanders feature a flexible voice allocation. Channels can be grouped and each group act as a separate polyphonic or monophonic voice group. See the µTune manual for more info.
- Printed aluminium front panel, 2mm thickness
- Voltage supply directly from µTune, no additional connections needed
- Supply current: +12V: 20mA , -12V: 10mA, 5V: 0mA
- Dimensions: 3HE, 2HP, 128.5mm x 10mm, Depth: < 35mm
- 16Bit DAC, resolution ~0.15mV or 0.2cents
- Input / output voltage range 0..10V (10 octaves)
- Digital outputs: 0V/5V or 0V/12V (selectable by jumper)
- Digital inputs 0..15V (High at about 1.5V)
- Weight: 30g
Mpre info here: Tubbutec | μTune Expander