UrsaDSP released Boost Revision B, an upward limiter that creates no clipping and makes no compromises. Revision B, the second version of the plugin, adds mid/side mode, parallel compression, stereo linking, true peak detection and oversampling.
Most plugin compressors emulate an analog detection path used 60 years ago. Boost’s Trajectory Technology takes full advantage of modern DSP to leave the highest transients undistorted – no matter how far you push the plugin. With its unique Focus control, Boost brings the quieter parts of an audio signal up, never overshooting the peaks and remaining transparent. To introduce character, use the Drive and Emphasis controls, and set the Release timing to your taste.
I’m addicted to BOOST! It truly is musical, creative, mind blowing, dangerous and MY NEW GOTO dynamic processor.
– Dave Pensado
It’s stuffed full of creative sound-shaping options that conventional brickwall limiters won’t give you
– Dan Worrall
- NEW: Boost stereo image in mid/side mode
- NEW: Stereo Link 0-100%
- NEW: Oversampling
- NEW: True Peak detection mode
- NEW: Parallel compression with Dry/Wet
- Reveal hidden details using the Focus knob
- No clipping, ever – not even True Peak
- Alway in Lookahead mode up to 40ms
- Apply Drive and Emphasis to add character
- Preserve reverb tails with Max Gain control
The upgrade is free for existing Boost owners
£79.99 from Devious Machines
More info here: UrsaDSP | Boost Revision B